Commentaries on the laws of England.
Stephen’s Commentaries on the laws of England.
- Creators or Attribution (Responsibility): Henry John Stephen, G. C. Cheshire, L. Crispin Warmington, Lawson, F. H. 1897-1983
- Language: English
- Jurisdiction(s): England
- Publication Information: London, Butterworth, 1950
- Type: Book
- Permalink: https://books.lawi.org.uk/commentaries-on-the-laws-of-england-5013/ (Stable identifier)
Online version: Stephen, Henry John, 1787-1864. Commentaries on the laws of England. London, Butterworth, 1950 (OCoLC)762195209
4 volumes 22 cm
Purpose and Intended Audience
Useful for students learning an area of law, Commentaries on the laws of England. is also useful for lawyers seeking to apply the law to issues arising in practice.
- Providing references to further research sources: Search
- Find it at other libraries via WorldCat/OCLC
- Find Commentaries on the laws of England. in Google Books
- Find Commentaries on the laws of England. in Open Library
- Publisher: J. Butterworth
- Responsable Person: Editor-in-chief: L. Crispin Warmington.
- Publication Date: 1950
- Country/State: England
- Number of Editions: 67 editions
- First edition Date: 1886
- Last edition Date: 1961
- General Notes: First ed. published in 1841-45 under title: New commentaries on the laws of England.
- Languages: English, French
- Library of Congress Code: KD660
- OCLC: 507710
v. 1. Sources of law and history of legal institutions. The law of property.–v. 2. The law of contract. The law of torts. Natural persons. Associations of persons.–v. 3. Civil procedure. Constitutional and administrative law.–v. 4. Criminal law.