- Creator or Attribution (Responsibility): John Adams
- Language: English
- Jurisdiction(s): England
- Publication Information: London : Sweet & Maxwell, 1999
- Type: Book
- Series title: Understanding law
- Permalink: https://books.lawi.org.uk/understanding-law/ (Stable identifier)
XII, 285 pages : 1 ILlustration ; 22 cm.
Purpose and Intended Audience
Useful for students learning an area of law, Understanding law is also useful for lawyers seeking to apply the law to issues arising in practice.
- Providing references to further research sources: Search
- Find it at other libraries via WorldCat/OCLC
- Find Understanding law in Google Books
- Find Understanding law in Open Library
- Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
- Responsable Person: John N. Adams and Roger Brownsword.
- Publication Date: 1999
- Country/State: England
- Number of Editions: 58 editions
- First edition Date: 1987
- Last edition Date: 2007
- General Notes: Previous edition: London: Fontana, 1992.
- Languages: English, Persian
- Library of Congress Code: KD662
- Dewey Code: 349.42
- ISBN: 0421635509 9780421635500
- OCLC: 41388689
An introduction to the English legal system. This edition includes sections on Pepper vs Hart, the development of nervous shock liability, the criminal justice system and the implications of the Runciman Royal Commission.