- Creator or Attribution (Responsibility): S. B. Marsh
- Language: English
- Publication Information: Cheltenham : Nelson Thornes, 2002
- Type: Book
- Permalink: https://books.lawi.org.uk/business-law/ (Stable identifier)
XIX, 355 pages : ILlustrations ; 25 cm
Purpose and Intended Audience
Useful for students learning an area of law, Business law is also useful for lawyers seeking to apply the law to issues arising in practice.
- Providing references to further research sources: Search
- Find it at other libraries via WorldCat/OCLC
- Find Business law in Google Books
- Find Business law in Open Library
- Publisher: Nelson Thornes
- Responsable Person: [S.B. Marsh and J. Soulsby].
- Publication Date: 2002
- Number of Editions: 30 editions
- First edition Date: 1975
- Last edition Date: 2002
- General Notes: Previous edition: Cheltenham : Stanley Thornes, 1998.
- Languages: English, German
- Library of Congress Code: KD1629.3
- ISBN: 0748766472 9780748766475
- OCLC: 49044328
Unit 1. The nature and development of English Law; Unit 2. Sources of Law; Unit 3. The English court system; Unit 4. Other courts and tribunals; Unit 5.Court proceedings; Unit 6. Law of the European Union; Unit 7. Legal personality, capacity and agency; Unit 8. Liability for wrongful acts; Unit 9. Negligence; Unit 10. Further principles of liability in tort; Unit 11. The nature of a contract in English law; Unit 12. Agreement; Unit 13. Matters that affect the validity of contracts; Unit 14. The terms of the bargain; Unit 15. Performance, breach and remedies;Unit 16. Discharge,limitation and privity; Unit 17. Contracts and public policy; Unit 18. Sales and supply of goods: obligations of parties; Unit 19. Sale of goods: ownership and risk; Unit 20. Product liability; Unit 21. Credit and security; Unit 22. Business associations; Unit 23. Companies: formation and public controls; Unit 24. Financial structure of Companies; Unit 25. Companies: membership and management;Unit 26. The employment relationship; Unit 27. Terms of employment; Unit 28. Notice and dismissal; Unit 29. Redundancy payments and other rights.